Multi flexible inline system
When folding digital prints or other delicate materials, the toner layer often cracks along the fold line. The folding process or the applied technique don’t cause this, the physical characteristics of toner and paper do.
Creasing along the fold line can considerably reduce or even prevent the printing ink from cracking. With the Pit Stop models’ creasing technology, the material is gently compressed due to avoiding stretching the paper fibres.
This effectively prevents the toner from flaking or the paper from tearing, thus ensuring optimal finishing after the print.
The combination of the Pit Stop creasing and perforating machines with the folding systems from MB Bauerle allows efficient inline processing when products must be creased before folding. MB folding systems of the model series prestige FOLD NET, Multimaster and Multipli can be combined with the Pit Stop creasing machines. Typical products include:
- Laminated brochures or leaflets
- Book covers
- Tear-off coupons
- Fully automatic setting
- Operation via touch screen panel
- Processing in one pass for minimizing markings
- No intermediate stacking before folding
- Greater accuracy, because sheets are aligned before and after the creasing process
- High productivity and minimum set-up times
- High flexibility: the components are installed on a rail system